photo him and her.png  photo faith.png  photo him and her.png  photo military life.png  photo homemaking.png  photo wanderlust.png  photo contact_2.png

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Praising Him in EVERY circumstance!



In church this morning one particular set of verses stood out to me. Maybe because of the time of year, the family isn't close, or maybe because the amazing Hubs has been coming and going so oftenWhatever it is, it was a great reminder!

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

This particular part of scripture is about when Paul was in prison. That doesn't sound like a circumstance where I would want to be thankful or praising God in, but that is exactly what Paul did. And God saw him through it, & literally broke the prison doors open to free them. Another special part of the story?! One of the prison guards became a Christian after witnessing Paul praising while he was in the deep part of the prison. Now, if that doesn't give you motivation, what will?! Think of the people that are around you, watching you, learning from you. I can't even fathom the ways God will use me when I learn to praise and thank him in every circumstance!

Being joyous doesn't come from our feelings because feelings come and go. Being joyous comes from faith. When we have faith in God and want to please Him, we can always be joyful. 
My dad always taught me an acronym for JOY:
Jesus first
Others second
Yourself last.
   
True joy comes from Jesus. 

So when I get homesick for my family, I will rejoice.
When Scott has to leave me for trainings or deployments, I will rejoice.
When Mallow moo keeps me up all night, I will rejoice.
When I feel alone, I will rejoice.
When there's hurt, I will rejoice.
In every circumstance, I will rejoice! 

Also, I will be thankful.
I will be thankful that I am in a new season of life, I love being married to my best friend. 
I will be thankful that I am far away from home, I miss my family & appreciate them more.
I will be thankful for Jacksonville, North Carolina. I am making amazing new friends and creating lasting relationships.
I will be thankful when my husband is away for he is fighting for my freedom & we seem to always get closer and learn more about each other. 
I will be thankful when Mallow makes a mess after being outside, for she is my little furrbaby and cuddiler.

I will praise & thank Him in every circumstance.

 photo blogsignature_zps20a5ba4e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

}, 10);