photo him and her.png  photo faith.png  photo him and her.png  photo military life.png  photo homemaking.png  photo wanderlust.png  photo contact_2.png

Friday, July 26, 2013

Ask. Seek. Knock.






















This week has truly been amazing. From the very moment I knew I was going to be leaving Utah and moving to North Carolina to become a Military wife, so many people told me to plug in. Find a church that you feel comfortable at and plug in. Which is exactly what Scott and I have been trying to do. We found a church that we are starting to love, Discovery Church International. This week has been full of opportunities for me and I was extremely eager to take them on! 

Monday:     Church yoga class
Wednesday:  Morning bible study 
Thursday:   Morning bible study 
Sunday:     Church!

Conclusion?! I absolutely [LOVED] it all and the women that I met. They all made me feel so welcome and loved.

I just wanted to reiterate a little bit of what I have learned this week. At church the sermons are about "The Culture of Heaven". Everything has a culture and Scott & I have been challenged to make the culture of our home "heavenly", where everyone can see God working. "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven." 

God plays heavenly hide and seek with His children, trying to find out who wants to truly seek Him. 
Ask. Seek. Knock. God reveals Himself where He is celebrated, not just tolerated. Well that makes perfect sense, doesn't it? No one wants to just be tolerated. We are taught to Ask, and keep on asking. Seek, and keep on seeking. Knock, and keep on knocking

One part of the study that really stood out to me was "Don't ask God to guide your steps if you're not willing to move." After graduating from college, I was always asking God what the next step was for me. I had already fallen in love with Scott, but that would mean drastic changes. I had to distinguish if these changes were from God or just from me. God blessed us throughout our whole courtship and we both had given God the pen to our love stories, so we knew it was from Him. It was still hard to let go, and let God. Just a few major changes would be: 1] Planning a wedding without my groom there to hold me when it was too overwhelming. 2] Moving cross-country and live no where close to my family (Why doesn't the Navy use Steinaker, Red Fleet, or the Gorge? ha) 3] Starting over in different places each couple of years. 4] Having a husband that is deployable and will have to physically leave me. 

The thing that helped besides support from my family and friends?! Realizing that God must need me more than my family. I was ready to go where God was telling me to go, I was ready and willing to move! So really if you are not wanting that next step to completely surrender and move, then don't ask God to guide your steps. He wants you completely, not luke warm. 
 photo blogsignature_zps20a5ba4e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, you have no idea how much this blog meant to me. This is so incredible, and absolutely true. God needs us more somewhere than we may ideally want to be. Let God be the one to hold our pen, and he will guide our story to where it should be. Change is scary, but it makes it a lot easier to have our Heavenly Father, best friend, creator there with us. You are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sami! I'm so, so glad that it was a message you needed to hear, right at this second. A total God thing:]. I re-read it and decided that I needed the message today too! You are right, it is scary.. but He's there always!! I'm so glad that you have that in your heart and you live it out! An inspiration, lady!

      Delete

}, 10);