photo him and her.png  photo faith.png  photo him and her.png  photo military life.png  photo homemaking.png  photo wanderlust.png  photo contact_2.png

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

These are a {few} of my favorite things...


The Sound of Music is a classic. 

"When the dog bites [MALLOW!]
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad"

And has inspired me to make my own list of a few of my 
favorite things lately.
Ready?!


Bible studies. 
I found two great women's bible studies that I really love. 
Great verses and teaching, good conversations, and frrrrriends. 
They all have been so friendly and have made me feel so welcome. 
I love learning more about God, craving more and more every day!
Building the right foundations of our marriage and home.


Rain.
In Jacksonville it rains ALL THE TIME. 
And it doesn't just sprinkle and then gradually get harder, it begins as a single drop of rain and then its a down pour. 
[Haven't been caught in a storm with Lucee's top down...yet] 
But I have learned that we absolutely LOVE the pouring rain... the amazing -wakeyouupinthemiddleofthenight- thunderstorms, the gorgeous lightning shows, the romantic drenched kissing moments, the cuddling and movie watching. 
All of it. 


Cuddling.
Read it. 
Kills depression, relieves anxiety, and strengthens the 
immune system. 
So WHY in the world would cuddling not be a favorite?!
Scott and I love just being with each other, our arms around each other, enjoying whatever we might be doing right then. 
Whether we miss each other, talking, watching movies, watching lightning, wishing Mallow would leave us alone, eating ice cream, you get the picture. 
It is our favorite...and healthy too, 
not just physical but emotional and intimately!


Blogging.
I Love blogging, with a capital 'L'. 
It's such a fun and creative way to keep all my family and friends aware of what is going on in our life. 
Plus, it's such a great way to journal.
The only thing?! I tend to think of things through my 
'blogging glasses' now and I need to take in the scent of the roses, not just stop and smell and take a picture


Coffee.
I know, I know... "Duh", right?! 
White chocolate and caramel, my weakness.
Well, it's true. And my love for coffee has grown even more.
All the different coffee shops, the ambiance, the flavors, 
the dates, the friends, the conversations, the smiles, the smell, the taste, the reading, the mornings, and most of all...the love!


 Exploring.
Living on the East Coast is so, so, so different than Utah.
A couple of reasons: the beach, none of my beloved mountains and All of the States are so much closer, which means more states to explore.  
We love taking off on a Friday and exploring somewhere new for the weekend! 


Cooking.
Yes, you did read that correctly. 
I have never been much of a chef, besides helping my dad with his dutch ovens. 
I'm not much of a fan of cooking for one, but cooking for my Husband and I?! I really do love it. It even sounds crazy to me. 
I love finding new recipes and trying them out.
I love surprising the Hubby!
I love showing love through food and I love my "wife duties"!
Yes, yes, I know.. enjoy it now. But my goal for our marriage is to always love my wife duties. 
God wants me to be the best wife I can be


Reading.
I love to read a book. Not just any book, but HEAPS of books. 
I love getting so into the book that I can't hear anything around me, the characters become my best friends, and yes.. there are usually many tears. 
It is such a great adventure to live through the 
character's eyes.
Annnnnnd a way for alone time, that's a biggy!
My favorite author is Karen Kingsbury.
Take some time, find one of her books, enjoy and 
be changed for forever! 


Walking Mallow.
She is a little dog, but has the energy of...
like ten energizing bunnies all at once!
One way we like to handle this is walking her. 
But it's not just about her energy, it's about the time spent. 
We love going on a walk after dinner, hand in hand, walking our precious, a mind-of-her-own, puppy and talking about our days. 
I love walking Mallow throughout the day, making all these friends who just want to kidnap her. 
But Scott and I decided that if anyone took her, she'd be back that night after they had enough of her sweet self!


Working out.
While I was living in Australia, I fell more in love with working out. When I moved back to Vernal during Scott and my engagement, I loved working out with my mom and aunt! 
Now?! My husband is my workout partner and I love that it's one more thing we can do "together". 
Definitely makes us happier, we love being active. 
Exercise gives you endorphins.
Endorphins make you happy.
Happy people just don't shoot their husbands.
So yes, we will still continue to work out! ;] For Scott's sake!


*Thank you for taking the time and reading about some of my favorite things! Now think of yours, it's actually really fun and will make you all smiley. It's stuff that you love!*

 photo blogsignature_zps20a5ba4e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. You. Are. Adorable.
    I loved reading this. Makes me want to be better with sharing stuff on my blog. Haha with all this teacher work on my plate, the timing's not that great. But hopefully soon, I will.
    I think of you often. Praying for you, my friend!

    -Janell Knudson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janell!
      Ahhhh, thanks girl! I miss you. I'm so glad you had the time of your life this summer, and sad I'm not there to continue the fun! I hope you start again, I will read it!!:D
      Thanks for the prayers as well!!

      Delete

}, 10);