photo him and her.png  photo faith.png  photo him and her.png  photo military life.png  photo homemaking.png  photo wanderlust.png  photo contact_2.png

Thursday, December 18, 2014

A month of a F U L L heart!



There was this time in October that my cute mom&I had a brilliant conversation. She was telling me how excited she was for S&I to fly out for Thanksgiving and my brothers wedding---but then asked me why we didn't think about flying me out early. Duh! I'm not working and I very well could have. Well...We pulled some strings and made it work. But the best part?! It was a COMPLETE SURPRISE to everyone! Including my daddy! 

TWO WEEKS EARLY.


So my mom picked me up at the airport with my Grandma, who was very surprised to find out they were picking me up. That night we had a family dinner and I was able to surprise every single person, one by one.
 One great surprise! 


Now onto pictures throughout the month. 
I went with my mom to pick up my sister and her cute friends from Sadies--and possibly had a little more fun with them while we were there. 

Played with this silly NEPHEW of mine.. 
Oh how I miss him so much!

Attended a few parties, Garrett's "ugly" sweater party being one of them. Disclaimer: I didn't pack an ugly sweater, so I created my own last minute. (:



After almost two weeks of working (yay for working on vacation, right?!) and being around family/friends.. it was time to pick up the HUBBY

Scott hasn't been able to make it back to Utah since we were married. So I was bound to make it an amazing trip for the Hubs. 
Oh how we have missed our Mountains, with the added bonus with them covered in a perfect blanket of snow. 



I was able to spend a few hours with my best friend before we went to pick up Scott, and then headed over to dinner. We had dinner with  Scott's uncles family & a few of our amazingly amazing friends! 


Seriously, Kohen was Scott's little buddy from the very get go. 
We had a lot of fun helping my brother set up house for his future bride! 

Thanksgiving was an incredible {FULL} day. 
We started the day with a friend's turkey trot--Mallow included. BEST way to start out the holiday where you then stuff your face with amazingly delicious, heartfelt-made food. Makes you feel a littttttle bit better about your love for Thanksgiving food.

After our trot, we had Thanksgiving lunch with my Dad's family. 
YUM!!
This was the first time the Hubs and I have celebrated Thanksgiving together in Vernal, so it was such a treat to be able to be with my family for one of my favorite holidays. After lunch, we went over to  a friends house for a whole table full of homemade desserts. 
Oh the decisions.
Then we went back to my parents' house for an early Christmas party with my Mom's family. (There might have been some naps before the party started... *cough cough* Daddy and Scott.
So we passed around presents to a poem and had quite a few laughs. This part of our Christmas parties is a new tradition, so it was really fun. 





 "King" Bompa.

Friday after Thanksgiving=HOLLIDAYS!!
But what did that mean to my Husband who has never experienced the awesomeness? Nothing. Haha He ended up ditching me for a hunting trip. But this goose hunting trip seriously has been talked about for weeks since. Really. 
{He might just be the cuttttttest hunter, ever.}

While the boys were playing, the girls went to Santa's Workshop. 
A ton of booths set up for our perusal.
And then spent some MORE time with the nephew, I can't seem to ever get enough. And started getting ready for the annual Hollydays sensation. 
For those of you who have no idea about this part of Vernal, it really is the best. It is a community wide celebration, roads shut down, covered in all things Christmas. From Trees for Charity, to roasting marshmallows&hot chocolate, to camel&carriage rides, to flame throwers, etc. It really is awesome! 

We met up with my family and had a carriage ride. Then the cutest grandparents took Kohen so we could have a triple date. 

Hollydays&great Mexican food + Dennis the Menace movie. 

My favorite Hollydays picture to date! 



 Oh, and a Canadian Grinch. 
Can't forget her!



Next was the annual Bowden tree cutting tradition.
Add in a little early Christmas present from the parents...
A new gun! 
Thanks again Mom&Dad!!!



Scott got to pick out my family's tree for us--since we couldn't take it back with us... *sniff sniff*

Our family keeps growing and growing.
MAKES ME SO EXCITED!
Even got Mallow&Bandit in the picture.

THEN--- A bachelorette party for our new (!!!) sister.


 So, Scott's cute grandparents live in the wonderful (eh ha) city of Vegas. We decided we could definitely make a trip there to see them.
They are definitely worth 16 hours of driving for 36 hours of seeing them! 
We went up to the High Roller-awesome by the way!









I might just be a tiny bit bitter at the fact that my Sister and Mother are going to Paris this next year.. without me.
So HA-- I made it first! ;)
 Scott&I took advantage of an evening in Vegas and took me out on a date. 
Sweetest, most adorable guy!
Of course we people watched, how can you not?! All those..crazies!
And shopped. And possibly had a delicious margarita slushy, and stopped in Paris for this tasty dessert.
Isn't it so pretty?!
Mom&Sis, told you I made it first-- I even had a dessert from Paris. 
 Our time with his Grandparents flew by way too quickly. But I am so glad that we were able to make the trip. 
On the way to Vegas, Scott made me listen to rock the ENTIRE time. On the way back, I kind of took a little more control on music... and was a bit silly some of the time. 
Example:

 More Bowden traditions. Decorating our huge tree!


Rehearsal dinner--- it's real people!
My brother really did marry this cute girl.
Made her my sister.. and gave me a nephew to love both for forever!


Can I get a huge AWEEEE for this moment of Scott&Kohen.
I might be a litttttle baby crazy and canNOT wait to watch S be an amazing daddy!

DECEMBER 6, 2014.
The day my little brother said "I do" to the woman of his dreams, Kristin. 
The day my brother became a daddy to Kohen.
The day he started a life with his new family.
The day where I gained an amazing new sister and the most adorable nephew.
The day where I took this groomsman home with me! 

I can't wait to see more pictures from the wedding, and I will dedicate a mushy-gushy wedding post all about them! Stay tuned.
Best friend came to witness "our" little brother getting married. So nice to have more time with her!
Ps. We are back to being that blonde&brunette haired best friends.
Here's to almost TWENTY-TWO years of friendship! 
 Okay, for reals. Look at this precious moment. 
A moment that will forever stay in my heart was graciously caught on film. Thank you photographer. 
I will always remember Kohen at his parents' wedding--
that dashing young man at two years old. 
Plus, Scott&I were able to watch him that night, and of course, spoil him with love!

My two forever best friends. 


 GUYS! My Cambodian sister came to Vernal while I was there.
Only by God's design. Love you Theara! I can't wait until I will be able to make my way back to Cambodia and visit YOU!
 While she was here, we had a Cambodian night with our team. Our team member, Luke, is moving his family from Oregon to Cambodia to be missionaries. {Pray for them} They came through Vernal, again by God's design, while I was there. 
Bragging on my God.  

And then it was time to leave. As much as I love life out in NC, nothing will replace our home in Utah. I'm so glad that we were able to spend the precious time we were able to.
Thanksgiving, Early Christmas, Wedding, plus too many more memories to count.
Scott giving Mallow a new hair do.

Consoling Bandit, I'm pretty sure he loves Mallow more than us..put together!

We were able to spend the night at my favorite couples' house, Cole&Kayla. She already had a date planned for us, Gardener Village&Scott's favorite sushi restaurant. So much fun hanging out with these two, and thank you again so much for letting us stay. 
I just missed my old room there too much not to stay.;)



And a little bit of life since Utah?
Mallow LOVES these horns. 
Every single one.


Our great friend, Ramon, left for his deployment. He is actually going on the same MUE that Scott was on, which is pretty cool. 
Please keep these men and women in your prayers, along with their families at home.
Deployments are hard, but prayers and having support helps immensely. 

Our sweet nephew needs to come stay here.

Kohen, 
Beg your mom and dad to send you in a Christmas package. 
Address to Aunt Kassi&Uncle Sott. 
Fragile.
I love you!

 And last, but certainly not least, 
CHRISTMAS IS UP IN THE CUMMINGS' HOUSE.
Scott and I have always been able to take little tasks and create them to become great dates. 
Decorating Christmas was definitely not an exception.
Last Christmas we were in Costa Rica {Let's go back gang!} so we didn't really decorate before we left. So we didn't  have a tree or many ornaments. Well this year, we found the best fake tree in the world! {I haven't had a fake tree since I was little, but I LOVE ours.}
We found our tree, went crazy in the ornament aisle, and set it all up right away. Scott then decorated our house, inside&out, with Christmas lights... Viola! Perfect Christmas decorations.

You might really catch either of us just staring at our tree.. it's just mesmerizing. 

One of our new traditions is that we decided that we are going to start collecting ornaments from places we have been or has meaning to us. So far, we have ornaments from my childhood; pictures from our proposal, engagement, wedding, pre-deployment, and post-deployment; a wedding ornament I made from our wedding invitation; the Biltmore House; Scott's work; and ornaments we found last year at a boutique here. Now off to our next adventure, Christmas in Virginia!

With all of this talk about Christmas decorations, the real reason for celebrating Christmas comes down to having a "stable" background. 
Jesus' birth is the reason to celebrate.
Our Savior was born to save us, so that we could go to Heaven through Him. 

Thank you God for sending Your Son for me.  

Merry Christmas everyone,
Love the Cummings



 photo blogsignature_zps20a5ba4e.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You did have a full month, but so much fun! :) Merry Christmas to you too!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

}, 10);