photo him and her.png  photo faith.png  photo him and her.png  photo military life.png  photo homemaking.png  photo wanderlust.png  photo contact_2.png

Friday, November 7, 2014

Biltmore Estates.




Biltmore Estates.

^^^
Seriously one of my very favorite dates with the Hubby!
Isn't it breath taking?! Now add in my super attractive Husband-- perfection!! 

But let me back up just a little bit.
Scott's wonderful dad took us to the annual Saints vs. Panthers game in Charlotte, one of our other favorite cities in NC. We had a blast and the best part?! They won! Although, the Panther fans weren't very fond of Saints fans after that.

After the game we stayed with his uncle&aunt and then headed to Asheville the next morning.
I know that it is not a secret, but...
I MISS MOUNTAINS. And Autumn in the mountains. 
And that crisp, fresh air. Guess what we found?!!?


Seriously. This was real!

  
I couldn't believe that I have been in NC for this long without seeing this part of it. Simply wonderful. The drive was amazing and even though they aren't the Rocky Mountains, they are mountains!! Road trips are a thing for Scott&I, which made it even that much more wonderful! 

And now... welcome to the Biltmore Estates. 

Be still my beating heart--You are married to that amazing man!

MOUNTAINS!

















Swoooooooon.


 Now the gardens.

Secret Garden.










 Okay--- So Scott totally made fun of me for taking these pictures. S:What are you taking a picture of?
K:These pretty dried flowers.
S:But, they are dead.
K:But are so pretty, they have a vintage feel!
S: *add in laughter* Of course, if they look vintage.
Yep--bless my vintage soul! Thanks Dad&Mom!




Haha this lady didn't know how to take a picture. She tried and didn't think she was taking any pictures. This was when Scott was going to check on her.
She took about ten.


 

Then we took a wine making tour&had our first wine tasting together.

This was the Vanderbilts' car, one of only a few of them in the world.

  We went to downtown Asheville for dinner before we headed back to my inlaw's house. 
Our restaurant--Wicked Weed. Halloween night. 
One word: Interesting.
And we will probably not be doing that again haha 
But I did find someone..
Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice.
Then he just appeared! 


We will definitely be making another trip to Asheville before we leave North Carolina. Scott&I absolutely loved being just us, away from life, on a mini-mini "vacation". 
Thank you Honey for taking me on this magnificent date and loving me  the way you love me!




 photo blogsignature_zps20a5ba4e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

}, 10);