photo him and her.png  photo faith.png  photo him and her.png  photo military life.png  photo homemaking.png  photo wanderlust.png  photo contact_2.png

Friday, May 13, 2016

I made a promise to myself.


 Pregnancy.

The season that Mr. Cummings & I are in right now.
It's a beautiful season--one that is accompanied by extra hugs, kisses, and prayers. 
Extra pictures, laughter, and cuddles.
Extra money spent, hormones, and fears.

But with all of those extras, time is not one of them. 
Quite actually, time is running out. And far too quickly. 
Which is why, when I caught myself telling everyone all the time, 
"I can't wait until Baby H gets here"
God let me know that my attitude needed to change.


I can wait.
In fact, I want to wait. 


I want these last few months to be memorable. 
I want to live in the moment of feeling her inside of me & watching Scott's face light up when he feels her.
I want to live in the moment of dreaming about her.
I want to live in the moment of dating my Husband before she arrives.
I want to live in the moment of just being us, 
because there will never be a time when our family was just the two of us ever again. 
(As my mom has always said, "Once you have kids, you will always have kids.")
I want to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie without having to hear cries and jump up exhausted.
I want to go on adventures so when we are asked,
"What did you guys do before kids?" We can answer them.
 I want to live in the moment of slowly watching my belly grow, knowing God is knitting our sweet blessing together.
I want to be able to have as much 'me time' as possible.
I want to spoil Mallow with extra cuddles&walks.
I want to be able to slow down & take it all in
before she gets here and time really flies by.
I want to hold onto the anticipation of what it will be like to hold her for the first time & watch Scott melt as he does the same.
I want to experience all of our 'lasts' whole heartedly before we experience our 'firsts' as parents.


After Baby H arrives, Scott&I will never again be a family of two. 
We will be PARENTS.
{Still giddy&terrified at that thought.)
And really, we are over-the-moon excited for that day, 
but until then.. we'll just be over in Hawaii soaking up our last days as just us. 

I can wait until Baby H gets here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

}, 10);