photo him and her.png  photo faith.png  photo him and her.png  photo military life.png  photo homemaking.png  photo wanderlust.png  photo contact_2.png

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Chipotle Black Bean Burgers, Y U M.

Chipotle Black Bean Burgers


I recently within the past couple of years decided that I really, really like black bean burgers. 
Except when I'm actually craving a hamburger--different textures.
Anyways, I've been telling Scott for a while now that I was going to find a recipe that we would like.

 TA-DA.

I'll just have to make them again when he gets back.
But I won't complain. 
 


Four burgers:
* 1 (14.5 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
* 2 Tbs. minced white onion
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup chopped almonds
* 1/2 cup corn (can use frozen corn, thawed)
* 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
* 4 Tbs. jarred chipotle spread 
(3 Tbs. for mixture, 1 Tbs. for buns)
* 1 egg
* 4 sliced pepper jack cheese
* 4 onion buns, split and lightly toasted
* mixed greens
* sliced avocado or guacamole
* coarse salt, to taste


{Preheat oven to 425}
In a large bowl, add the beans and lightly mash with a fork. Add the onions, garlic, almonds, corn, cilantro, 2 Tbs. chipotle spread, egg and a small pinch of coarse salt. 
Mix to combine.

Using your hands, equally form the mixture into 4 patties. 
Arrange on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Carefully flip, add the cheese and bake for 8 to 10 more.

Spread the remaining chipotle spread on the bottom of each toasted bun and serve with greens and avocado slices. 
Or I just used the fresh guacamole that I made yesterday. 

Easy&Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

}, 10);