photo him and her.png  photo faith.png  photo him and her.png  photo military life.png  photo homemaking.png  photo wanderlust.png  photo contact_2.png

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Waiting 167 days for THIS moment!

From the very beginning of my military wife journey, I have been told to be very flexible because the military life is not easily planned. BUT when you get told that your Husband will be coming home 2 1/2 months early off of deployment... I'll believe it when I see his gorgeous face walking towards me. 

AND THAT, ladies & gentlemen, is exactly what happened. Scott had told me the night before that he was heading home and it didn't truly hit me until I was getting dressed in my homecoming dress, getting dolled up, as my sister is trying to calm my nerves. The drive seemed like it took hours, and the plane felt like it was taking it's sweet time to land. Not quite knowing that there was an anxious wife waiting for her beloved to come through the gate. 

When I knew that they had landed and about ready to come off the plane, we moved to the front of the crowd so Scott would be able to see us and my sign first thing. But what caught me off guard was the look my Husband gave me when he turned that corner and walked towards me. I'll never in my whole life forget this moment. The moment I waited 167 days for. The moment I could get lost in my Husband's embrace again. The moment when it seemed liked Scott & I were the only two people in the world, caught in a lovers embrace and not wanting to let go. 

And we were so blessed to have my sister there to capture all of it.   I made a video of Scott's homecoming, him and our puppy, and surprising his mama. You can watch it here: https://vimeo.com/101790727
"Marry Me" was our first dance song, which I thought was a great song for this video. I vowed to marry Scott on our wedding day and every single day afterwards for the rest of my life. Including through the dark valleys of deployment.

This season of deployment was one of the hardest seasons of my life. Being separated from Scott nearly killed me, making me live with a broken heart every single day that he was gone. But it also made me & us {together} stronger. Each of us experienced things that we wouldn't have been able to if we were together back in North Carolina. I was able to spend that time at home! My home away from home. There I got to have quality time with my parents & siblings, live in my mountains, be in my bestie's wedding, be with my family when my Grandmother passed away, learn family recipes & enjoy time with my grandparents, create lasting memories, fantastic girls nights, celebrate birthdays, making new friends, time at the lake, help my brother propose, get to know my soon-to-be adorable nephew & sister. So many opportunities that I wouldn't have had if this deployment didn't happen. God definitely knew how to comfort the tender heart of this military wife.

I am so grateful for my family & friends that were there for me through this season. The prayers, the compassion, the love, the comfort, the support, the shoulders to cry on. I seriously couldn't have done this without each and every one of you. You will never understand how much it meant to me! 

As for now, I am going to enjoy being "on vacation" with my sister &  feeling married again! Thank you God for answering prayers and knowing what is best for me. Your ways are not my ways and I trust You more & more each day!

1 comment:

  1. SOOO excited for you!! You have endured this season so beautifully and are a lovely Christ-like example for us all. Enjoy every moment and take some notes! We'll be asking you for tips in a couple of months :)

    ReplyDelete

}, 10);